Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Have you ever been to a SOLDERing Party???


There were at least ten of us beginners celebrating Cathy's birthday!  We started at 11:00am and I left at 7:30pm. I could have kept on playing.  It was such a good time.  We were given patterns to prepare our art work ahead.  Above i used images from European Papers.  They are 1x3.    We used beveled glass on top an flat glass on the back. Wrapped with copper tape, used flux to help the solder adhere and the final step was adding the patina.  I had so much FUN!!!!  THANK YOU CATHY for introducing me to a wonderful art! 
This is a vintage postcard that I reduced to 2x3.  In the photo you can see the bevel. 
I used Graphic 45 paper and layered a few images from the same piece of pattern paper that I cut up for the triptych above. Below is a picture I took of a house we have rented on our vacation a couple of years ago.  It worked perfect in this triptych!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't know they even had soldering parties but it looks like fun!!! You sure got a lot done and they are all wonderful pieces. Such possibilities.

Kris Dickinson said...

I love them all Lyneen but the house ones are da BOMB!

KardKrazy said...

I didn't know they had them either, but when I look at that triptych I am totally jealous.
What fun!

Catherine said...

Lyneen, It meant so much to have you here on Sunday - I think, though, that I had the most fun of all! Your artwork all turned out so beautifully, but the sepia house triptych is still my favorite! :)

A Robin's Nest said...

Love your soldering work!

Linda said...

Lyneen, these are just wonderful! I can't remember when I had so much fun. We have to do this again soon!