Saturday, January 3, 2009

Challenge At Vintage Veranda

I finished this card just before the deadline at Vintage Veranda... If you like vintage cards, stamping and friends that like the same this is a site you may want to visit. 
I used several techniques I had never tried before.  The challenge was to use Tim Holtz "Twelve Days of Tags" as inspiration. 

First, I inked the paper with the VersaFine Olympia Green using the TH Inking Tool, then added the Cranbery Alcohol Ink. Stamped the printed background with versamark then embossed it with clear embossing powder. After I painted over it with the Snow Cap Dabber. Let it dry till tacky then wiped it off. Inked edges with black. Used the Alcohol Ink on the grunge peices and added stickles. Added image to the ticket, stamped attached crown. Assembled card.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun card, Lyneen. Glad you could join in on the challenge.

azLizJane said...

Lyneen - this is a great card. Love the use of the techniques! The harlequin type background is one of my favs. I also like anything with crowns on it. Very fun!

Liz