Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family Christmas... finally!!

We have had so much snow this year that our family was not able to get together until yesterday.  We always have a "white elephant" exchange.  The fish dish pictured here has shown up almost every year.  I have always wanted to get it, but the opportunity never arose to steal it. THIS YEAR IT IS MINE... and it will stay mine. Never to return as a "white elepahant" again.  Don't ask why, because I don't know why I like it.  I want to find a home for the fish dish in my craft room.   What an inspiration piece! 
The covered dish was purchased in Japan several years ago by one of my cousins.   
Believe it or not we just got another two inches of snow on the ground!!!!!!  A record for our area.  

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree, that dish is not a white elephant...it's a very cool, inspiring, colorful, fishy work of art!!!

KardKrazy said...

Lyneen, it is weird how one person's white elephant item is another person's treasure. Glad you finally got it and hope your Christmas was a good one:)

Kris Dickinson said...

Hehehehe! I think it's a keeper too Lyneen! How fun!

Jules said...

That is a lovely dish. It is NOT a white elephant by any means!

daniela said...

ha!! love the dish. after all, there's lots of yummmy orange :-)