Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Beeswax Collages

A couple of weeks ago a group of us got together to play with beeswax!!! This was my first collage. The image of the couple is from Collagevisions - Digital Collage Sheets. I won several from a challenge a WinterHaven. On this piece I used mulberry paper, tissue paper, lace, flowers, die cut letters and a grunge board flourish.  Everything on this is attached using the wax except for the rhinestones.
Below is a close-up.  The wax intensified the  colors of the flowers.  You can see the lace in the wax. 
My second attempt at a beeswax collage.  On this one I used tissue pattern pieces, printed napkins, lace, cheesecloth and added a flower on top of the collage.  
Below close-up of the cheesecloth
Before I left I waxed several pieces to use in later projects... napkin, Vogue pattern, page from a book, stamped mulberry paper and cheesecloth.
I had a blast playing in the wax... I need a melting pot!!!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

So glad to see you posted your beeswax creations! Your enthusiasm was contagious, and your collages are wonderful. Love the experiments with cheesecloth, too.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Thanks for sharing these, Lyneen. I've never worked with beeswax before, but the effect looks fabulous

Robin said...

Beautiful pieces Lyneen! That beeswax gives your pieces such a rich texture!

Kris Dickinson said...

They're all gorgeous Lyneen!~ Thanks for sharing!

Cher said...

Hi..ty for sharing these. I too want a melting pot to try this..but I think I will just use a double boiler from my old potsnpans...think it will work? gorgy work tho...ty Cher