Thursday, July 16, 2009

Looking for a home for these wonderful houses!!!


HOME FOR DOLL HOUSES FOUND... THANKS TO THOSE WHO HELPED!

I have offered to help a friend find a home for these AWESOME houses his mother built. We hope to find a place they will be loved and cherished.  Like a museum or a collection.  

Each house weighs about 60 to 70 lbs.  They are wired for lights & are very complete.  They both were made with loving care, notes were kept while being built and of the purchases.  


The first is The Orchard Slope.  The dimensions are 32" x 32" x 32".  It was built from a kit.  




The second is based on "Anne of Green Gables" novels, & includes the books used to create it.  The dimensions are 50" x 28" x 36" tall.  This house was built from scratch.









8 comments:

Shirley said...

WOW! Those are amazing. Hope that you find them the homes they deserve!

this is fun said...

Wow, I think Pam and Sharla are right, they would definitely get snatched up in a fundraiser or a library would make good use of them.

Very impressive, especially that they are historic replicas, were made from scratch and have lighting! I love those swing out walls on hinges. I have never seen that before, what a great idea. It keeps everything safe inside. I would take them in a heartbeat

My husband just fixed up a dollhouse that was given to us by our neighbors across the street. We haven't done the wallpapers yet, so your photos give me some inspiration. I never had a nice dollhouse as a little girl so I am thrilled to have one now.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5PZLUukQk-M/Si-Ok4C0FNI/AAAAAAAAB4k/7dlQaDtZK6g/s1600-h/IMG_2665.JPG

It has no inner walls, just removable dividers. He did put in little staircases with railings.

this is fun said...

(Oops, I couldn't edit my comment so I will just make the addition here.)

Looser's idea of a museum is also great. There is a miniature museum in Missouri near where we used to live that had creations like this.

Sandy said...

Wow what beautiful dollhouses! I just posted a link on Twitter, maybe someone will come by with an idea for you :)

Priscilla said...

Wow what an wonderful blog and awesome post. Just fantastic..I love all the pictures of this doll house..wow.. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for entering my blog candy at the Midnight Madness blog (priscillastyles) I wanted to personally invite you to join in our challenges if you had the time :) We have great give aways and even a Mad Money give away (details on my side bar) so please don't forget to click on the followe button to play in all my give aways :)
Priscilla
http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com

Pattyjo said...

My mother has a doll house in her basement that looks just like that one. She even has antique furniture and lights that work. I can't believe how much they look alike.
Pattyjo

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

How beautiful. How much is the one with the little red door? I love it!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oops! I just noticed that this is a VERY old post. :) Sorry!