Thursday, December 31, 2009

Valentines for OWH!

I am very fortunate to live in the same part of the world as Sandy, the woman behind Operation Write Home.  She and two other shippers organize all the cards made by people like you and me to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Sandy was gracious enough to invite me over for a day of card making.  You would be amazed how organized she is with all the boxes of cards she has ready for shipping.
  
Not sure I was as productive as I can be at home.  I was glued to the "nesties" most of the time I was there.  I made a cello bag full to play with later.  Her Copics were my next favorite product to play with.  I have a few.  Now I can see why you need so many to get the awesome outcome to coloring with them. We had a great time chatting and stamping.  The five hours passed way too fast for me.

Sandy and Me
Below are some of the cards I have made for Operation Write Home (OWH).   The deadline to get your cards mailed is January 6th.  This allows the shippers time to count and pack to mail to Iraq and Afghanistan.
The dog is Poppy Stamps, love and heart are Rubber Soul.

The typewriter is one of the NEW Rubber Soul Valentine stamps!
the little hearts are Rubber Soul also.
As you can see you can make the same card several times or slight variations.  They are sent to many destinations when the shippers mail them out.

Future CARD DEADLINES Postmark by these dates:

Valentines: Jan 6

St Patty's: Feb 12

Easter: Feb 26

Mother's Day: April 14

Graduation: April 19

Father's Day: May 15

All other cards: anytime!

Learn more at Operation Write Home!

6 comments:

Julie said...

What a wonderful things to help out with, Lyneen! The cards you made a just terrific!

Happy New Year to you!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

What a wonderful project to be a part of!

Sue

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy New Year to You.
That is a great thing to do and how fun to do it with your friend.
Gets me thinking about the swap..
Deb :)

Barbara Jean said...

This looks like a great program.
Too late for Valentine's Day, but will see about some later on.

blessings

barbara jean

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing!! Your creations are wonderful and I'm sure will be so welcomed by the troops!!
Happy New Year my friend! What a wonderful way to start the new year!!

Operation Write Home said...

Hi Lyneen! What a great post - all about OWH, lol! You know I love it :)

Your cards are so cute - and I love the new stamps from RS!! I need to come over and SHOP sometime! Thanks for a great day of stamping!