Sunday, December 6, 2009

Visit Guedelon

I don't know about you, but I have been fascinated by castles since I was a young girl.  Did you happen to notice my blog banner... or did you notice my blog name????  Years ago, on my on my visit to England I made a point to spend as much time in the castles I visited as I could.  Today I found this wonderful site VISIT GUELEDON.  Marie is keeping on bit of information from the 13th century. 
At Guédelon, a castle fortress is being built using 13th century techniques and materials. This unique 'hands on history' construction site is nestled in Burgundy, France. This personal blog documents the building progression and is embellished with historical tidbits. Come follow the adventure!

The castle is being built by about 50 people with the same skills tools and techniques of times past.    They started in 1997 and plan to finish in 2025. I hope to follow the progress of the castle to finish.... 

No comments: