Recently I found this 75 page pamphlet published in 1924 by the LaSalle Extension University. We have come a long way Baby! One article is titled "Helping My Husband Study." I got a chuckle while I read it.
- She may encourage him in his study
- She may protect his leisure
- She may make him comfortable that he may study while at ease and quiet.
- She may help with his work by doing secretarial work for him such as typing lessons, finding references, etc.
- She may discuss problems with him and study along with him
- She may arrange and maintain a separate study room for him, or table or bookcase, or desk, or other helpful equipment.
- She may attend to the physical man--see that he is well fed, and in other ways well taken care of -- in other words be a good homemaker for him.
Can you imagine typing for him on this!
Very efficient new adding machine to help with paying the bills!