Friday, January 15, 2010

PostCard Friendship Friday - Add a little Flour!

This is a cute card sent by a school girl in 1915.  I thought it was sweet that she wrote her friend letting her know she was promoted to the sixth grade and that she was apologizing for her penmanship!



Join the French Fatrice at Postcard Friendship Friday.   The word 'factrice' is French for postmistress!


1. Have a blast with this mail theme! Examples include: any type of postcard, a photo of a mailbox, mailman, a stamp image, postcard altered art, or simply a photo of something that you find 'Postcard Perfect' etc etc etc!

2. Link in with Mr.Linky at the bottom of her post

3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That’s what a blog party is all about!

4. Link back to the party from your post so that your readers can come and see what everyone else is talking about today! Please grab the badge if you'd like to add a bit of http://www.cpaphilblog.com/ colour to your post:)   


10 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lyneen,
Very sweet postcard and your Friday night sounds fun!!
Have a great weekend.
Deb :)

Christine H. said...

I'm always amazed to see yet another card unlike any I've seen before. This is wonderful.

Mary said...

Pretty nice compliment, actually, although a bit of an archaic one since pre-sifted flour! I have to admit, even when the recipe says sift, I rarely do. Except for Chocolate Angel Food Cake. Then I sift 10 times.

MuseSwings said...

Glad you found this cute card to share while sifting though your collection! I'm with Mary on the sifting...a bit haphazard,but the baking comes out delicious anyway.

AnitaNH said...

I don't have a sifter any more but I did find a rolling pin in the cabinet under the counter when I was cleaning the other day. Happy PFF!

Postcardy said...

I have 2 old sifters. I hardly ever need to use one, but I like the way they look. I love that card.

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you .
What a fun and sweet card .
Thank you so much for sharing this with us today.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Trails

Sheila said...

What a lovely card, and so it the message!

Marie Reed said...

I don't own a sifter! That's darling that she referred to it as being promoted! Happy PFF.. on Tuesday!

Beth Niquette said...

What a marvelous postcard! I love it. Happy PFF!