Sunday, February 28, 2010

Have you ever heard of Simpich Dolls?

I bought my first Simpich Santa many years ago.  I think it may have been 20 years ago... I came across the picture above on the internet.  I have this set of Santas packed away.  (I haven't thought about the Santas for some time.)  Since stumbling on the Santas I decided to check out what was new at Simpich... I was sad to find out the production of the Simpich dolls has stopped with the retirement of Bob and Jan Simpich. Now their son has opened a museum of the Simpich dolls and a Puppet Theater at the same site... To find out more go the the site. I need to find my Santas and take good care of them. 

2 comments:

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I wasn't familiar with these, but they look interesting. It seems as if your collection just became more valuable if they are no longer made.

Sue

tiffany said...

I love love love Simpich. I'm sad they stopped making their dolls. A Simpich Santa doll is very expensive and Hard to find. I love all of their dolls. Your Santas are part of the porcelain collection, I have them too...LOVE THEM! Everyone should see these dolls. Amazing and Handmade in America. Thanks for sharing :)