Thursday, February 11, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday - Big Weekend!

It is Postcard Friendship Friday!  Marie our "Fatrice" (French for postmistress).

This Sunday is Valentines
Monday is Presidents Day

This week I would like to share both days celebrated here in the United States.  First is Valentines, Feb 14th. No, it isn't a holiday... I sure think it should be!    
Both Valentine postcards were mailed in 1910!

I came across this Valentine which I thought was a little unusual with the Presidents on it.  Then I realized President's Day falls close to Valentines each year.  It is the second Monday of February.  
Three MEN I Idolize, 
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln 
and YOU!
To finish off the post I want to share a postcard of Mt. Rushmore National Memorial in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  Each face is carved from the granite and measures about 60 feet from chin to forehead.  
Click HERE to check out other Postcard Friendship Friday posts.

7 comments:

Snap said...

Wonderful post. I love the color in the old postcards. The *three men* card is great! Well done! Happy PFF!

Irene said...

great post, love your three men. Happy PFF

Mary said...

Nice tribute to all the activities of the weekend. Happy Valentine's Day, Presidents' Day and PFF, to you!

Sheila said...

How unusual to have the Presidents on a Valentine's card. I didn't know it was a holiday weekend.

steviewren said...

I really like the three men card. It's so unusual. You've got a nice holiday collection going here.

Christine H. said...

I like the presidents one the best because it's so unusual, but they're all fabulous.

Stacey said...

Love the 3 men postcard. I've never seen one like it before... What a great find! Happy late PFF!