Sunday, March 7, 2010

Art Party... my Marie Antoinette dress!

A few of my wonderful artistic friends and I get together as often as we can.  This afternoon we had a wonderful day playing with paper.  We were going to do paper dolls, but it turned out that we just made paper dresses.  

If you know me I am always one to get side tracked.  We were provided with a template to use if we liked.  I was the only one to take another path.  I have been wanting to play with Marie Antoinette dresses. So I took a paper doll stamp I have and designed my dress around the stamp.  This is my first of many Marie Antoinette dresses, I hope.  
The outer skirt of the dress is mulberry paper.
Bird stamp is Cavallini.
I also used lace, paper, Dresden Foil, crepe paper and a doily
Pink - Crystal Stickers Pearls.
The white pearls are attached to the lace.

I am sharing this with Dress of the Month
over at Alice and Camilla.  
I also hope to get a more traditional dress done for the month of March

19 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Brilliant theme for your dress and so very lovely in every detail!!!
Love it!
oxo

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Lyneen Sweetie...
This dress is just beautiful. I love red ofcourse, but the lace and the pearls. What a beautiful design. I love the textures and the layers. It is just exquisite.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed this post.

Have a beautiful Monday. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

bad penny said...

This dress is spectacular & perfect for Marie Antionette !
I love the little bird peeking out and all the embellishments.

Teresa said...

so many details. Spectacular piece! Doesn't it make you want to keep playing???

margaret said...

oooo... very Marie! I love this dress, total gorgeous scrummyness! the colour is fab and I love the tiny details, so much to see, superb! Margaret

Fabric Art said...

Lyneen your dress is fantastic, love everything about it, great work. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Electra said...

This is beautiful, what a lot of work you've put into it!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh my goodness...I can't imagine making something like this. In fact, I didn't even know it could be done. How beautiful!

Lynifyni said...

Amazing! What a lot of work and it turned out wonderfully! Big applause! LynnF

Annar said...

Beautiful dress !

Patti said...

What a gorgeous dress and piece of art! That sounds like the perfect day- glad you had fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a stunning dress and use of materials. Nice theme, too. I was drawn to this by the layering and lace.

Guriana said...

I love every detail...gorgeous dress!!:))

Jenxo said...

aww spectacular dress.....

Sherry said...

Oo-la-la, it's beautiful, I love all of the detail.

Gini said...

WOW what an amazing dress, I adore it! I hope you do make more gorgeous creations like this. :-)
Gini
xx

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Wow, what a stunning dress! A Perfect Marie Dress! Love it!!

Melinda Cornish said...

I love it! the poofiness is just perfect and the colors are very Marie"!!!!

1creativeone said...

Beautiful dress, simply gorgeous!