Sunday, June 6, 2010

Online Auction... the winning bids go to ME!

I picked up a couple of things on an online auction today... that took place in Prescott, AZ.  I am really exited to see them in person!  Today I watched Batermans Auction it had a ton of postcards and ephemera. 

The first item I won was a travel album that belonged to Larry and Ruth.  How do I know that it belonged to Larry and Ruth?  Their names are embossed on the front of the album.  From what I could tell most of it took place in the 40's.  Here are a couple of pictures from the album.

Next, I picked up a box lot of vintage Valentines and flower cutouts.  I will be adding a few of the Valentines to my collection!
I love checking out online auctions at Proxibid...  Sometimes you are buying blind since you can only see what is pictured.  I have done it a few times with pretty good results.  I find perusing the auction houses a fun and relaxing way to spend a rainy afternoon.  If you have a moment you should check out the auctions at ProxiBid!  It is fun watching live auctions online.  You don't have to buy... you can just view the auctions if you like.  Not all auctions are live.  Some are timed. 




3 comments:

The Lone Dollier said...

Okay, I'm positively GREEN with jealousy!!!! I haven't been so lucky SOB. LOL Have an awesome day and congratulations on your wonderful wins.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I'll check it out...sounds like fun.

Cassie said...

Whoa.. You got a lot of cool stuffs! Other people don't appreciate these things, but yeah, who cares, as long as you're happy with the items you've won! Try to search some items in a japan auction site.. There are tons of great things too that I'm sure you'll like!