Friday, June 18, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday - Thoughts

I love this sweet card sent between sisters back in 1912, in Illinois.

To think they communicated by postcard! Probably no phones. Can you imagine... no phone, no email, no cell phone attached to the body... how did they exist????

They lived during a simpler time!

The card reads: "Dear Sister, How are you I am fine are thinking of coming out some evening sleigh riding if not to much trouble call me up about Wednesday and I will tell you if we are. Lizzie"

TO see more postcards visit Beth HERE!
PFF!

7 comments:

julietk said...

Pretty Card, Nice post :-D

Joy said...

The mention of coming out some evening sleigh riding sounds wonderful. For some reason made me think of the film Meet Me In St Louis. Such a pretty card.

Postcardy said...

It is interesting that she sent a postcard asking her sister to call her up.

Snap said...

I'll go on the sleigh ride! I'm with Postcardy, interesting that she sent a card asking her sister to call her. Lovely card and fun post. Happy PFF

Greyscale Territory said...

Such a pretty card - almost notepaper! And the idea of sleigh riding sounds so romantic!

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely postcard--I thoroughly enjoyed reading the message between sisters--how precious! Thank you so much for sharing!

Happy PFF!

Linda said...

The design is lovely--the contrasting pattern on the mat, and the way the flowers appear to pop out of the lower corner. And the message made me think of the sleigh ride in The Magnificent Ambersons!