Sunday, August 22, 2010

NY to Silverdale 9-11 will be Remembered

Today was a beautiful day in Silverdale. I knew I wouldn't be able to watch the truck roll in with the two WTC beams from NYC. I so wanted to, but family commitments kept me away. Well almost, I did have a moment around 4:00PM and I dropped by the site. It was very moving to see all the fire, police and service men and women arriving and milling around. You don't have to see the two beams to feel what they mean. Just watching the event set up brought tears to my eyes. Here are a few pictures I took. Read the Kitsap Sun story HERE!


Thank you to all the Fire, Police, Navy, Army, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard and Reserves that protect and serve this precious country of ours!

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

1 comment:

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I think this is one of those events that still feels as if it just happened.