Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Mannequin


This past weekend my friend Peggy, from Simply Renewed, asked me, “How does one get back in the creative spirit after a long hiatus.” I thought for a moment then replied, “If you check out the challenges on my blog and pick a couple to follow that is a great place to start.” It has been months since I have sat down and created. Life has been very busy and during that time my mojo disappeared.

I decided to take my own advice and am taking on a couple of challenges this week. If you haven’t guessed TAG TUESDAY hosted by Louise at Kard Krazy is one of the challenges I am going to do each week. This week she has a guest host Sarah of Vintage Figments. Sarah challenged us to make a tag using the mannequin template found here at Mirkwood Designs.


My tag is stamped with a collage image of Paris from Hero Arts, also stamped the word PARIS (from an unknown source, if you happen to know who made the stamp I would be very thankful.) The image of the lady is from a "Ladies Home Journal" 1906 ad for shoes. The tag is finished with a little lace around the collar with a little bling for a brooch and pink dresden foil along the bottom. The ribbon for the tag is off the shoulder!

12 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Lyneen, your tag is fabulous! I love the lace at the neckline with the bling and the ribbon off the shoulder is just brilliant! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment :)

Robin

Helen said...

Such a gorgeous tag, everyone is being very creative this week!

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Lyneen, so glad to see you back creating some art, and such a Lovely piece it is. Something about Paris is so romantic, Beautifuly done!

Sarah said...

So glad the mannequin shaped tag did the trick to renew your creativity! It's good to have you back in the challenges again.
I love this tag with the Paris related background and that fantastic image. She fits perfectly to the contours of the tag. Great job!

stampdiva said...

Love the gentleness, ladylike feel to your tag. Lynne M

2amscrapper said...

I love the image you chose for your tag. This is just beautiful!

Tracy said...

Beautiful! Love the little touch of lace at the neck. Great iimage!

Terry said...

Your tag is just so delicate and feminine! Love the way you added the ribbon to the hat! Gorgeous!

JeanFB said...

What a beautiful Victorian tag!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful tag.

Kris Dickinson said...

This is a gorgeous tag Lyneen!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Lyneen, this is beautiful! So glad that Sarah's template encouraged you to get crafty.