Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Scrapbook!

This week on Tag Tuesday Louise challenged us to to do a Family Heritage Tag that could be used as an embellishment for scrapbooking. Well I know my mother is putting together 4 albums for each of us of our youth. I decided to do one that she could use.

My youth was spent in Southern California... before Interstates! My parents would pile the four of us in the car and we would go for weekend road trips. That is the theme of my tag this week. Road Trips of my youth. This is just a few there were many more!


Postcards from the top are:

Julian, California (where mom's grandfather homesteaded)

Castle at Disneyland

Grauman’s Chinese Theater

Indio, California

Mount Palomar Observatory

Aerial Tramway, Palm Springs

Huntington Hartford Library & Museum

(Click on the tag to get a better view of the post cards)


Scrapbook Tag:

Copies of postcards from my collection

Vintage map (before interstates)

Stamps Discover-Explore - Road Trip are PXS

Eyelet set with Crop-o-dile

Stash-Ribbon


To see more wonderful Tags go the Kard Krazy!

Leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

5 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Lyneen, this is wonderfully done. I love the Road Trip theme you chose and the great job you did of collage with it. (Sounds like you all had a lot of fun vacations:)

Evelyn S. said...

What a great tag...and those photos are wonderful! Perfect for a page in an album!

Faye said...

Lyneen, those were the days!!! My dad built a contraption out of the trunk of his huge Chrysler and four adults, 1 teenager, and 5 kids drove across the country to Long Beach CA, enjoying the sights along the way. Your postcards tag brings back lots of memories. This is beautifully done.

Ann said...

Great scrapbook tag. All of road trips. I remember the day too. You went to some great spots. Very pretty.
Ann

The Paint Splash said...

How fun to have those postcards to copy! Great job. Have a blessed week. Please come by and visit. Debbie