Thursday, September 30, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday - FRINK PARK

Since the earliest days of Seattle history, today’s Frink Park has served as a natural woodland park where City residents could enjoy mountain and sound views. Set aside as a "private" park in 1883, the main portion of the park was later purchased by John M. and Abbie H. Frink and gifted to the City on October 25, 1906. Read more about Frink Park HERE.

Frink Park is a 17.2 acre park in the Leschi neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. It is a heavily wooded hillside and ravine through which flows Frinck Creek. Today Frick Place is a recreational drive within the park.

Notice the postmark dated 1914 with the WORLD'S PANAMA PACIFIC EXPOSITION in SAN FRANCISCO 1915 advertised.
A closer look at the message...

Thank you Beth from the BEST HEARTS ARE CRUNCHY for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday. I love sharing my collection and seeing what others have to share HERE!

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

6 comments:

Faye said...

Interesting old postcard, Lyneen. I have the "love letters" written between my to-be grandparents when they were courting. There is nothing lovey-dovey in them. Mostly just things like: when are you coming over? They were married in 1914 so most of the letters are earlier. It's fun to see how written communications have changed.

Bob of Holland said...

When I visited my relatives in Seattle, they took me to a huge park for a 'pow wow'. I liked this event with all its dances and fashion shows very much. And now I am wondering if the pow wow location was the same park as the one your post is about. Happy PFF.

Carole said...

I have never heard of Frink Park, but the next time we're in Seattle I'll definitely try to find it.

I did a google search and found a cool website devoted to the park.

Great card! Happy PFF!

Linda said...

Looks like the days when people motored slowly through the park, in no hurry but to enjoy life. Happy PFF.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It's a beautiful looking spot. It's so good to read that it's being preserved.

Aimee Dars said...

Very cool postcard and postmark!