Crown Point Vista House was built from 1916 to 1918 as a memorial to Oregon Pioneers, as a rest stop for weary travelers. With its marble interior and brass fixtures, some Oregonians at the time nicknamed it "The $100,000 Outhouse".
Today the building serves as a rest stop, there is a public restroom with a concession and interpretive center. It was refurbished and the interior restored to its 1918 appearance at a cost of close to $4,000,000; it reopened in 2005. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. To read more go to Vista House.