Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lenticular Clouds

On September 13 at 5:44 I was driving through Silverdale, WA. I glanced in the distance and there above Mount Rainier were some amazing looking clouds. I had seen them in the past, but only in pictures. I turned, pulled into the closest parking lot and back tracked to the highest point to get the best view. Luckily I had my camera! Wish I had a different lens along.
If you look closely you can see the lenticular clouds above the Mount Rainier in the distance. Mount Rainier is about 100 miles away. Click on the photo to enlarge it.

KOMO NEWS has some great photos of lenticular clouds on their site HERE!

Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wonderful, Lyneen! I've never seen these, but am watching for them!