Monday, January 10, 2011

One of my gifts for Christmas!

My family knows not to pick out something new for me... all of my gifts are from the attic, thrift store or antique store! I plan to share a few of my gifts this week. Mom sent me the practical gift!

"The Kitchen Encyclopedia" is 31 pages, a sixth edition, copyright 1911.

It is full of recipes using "Swift's Premium Oleomargarine". From Fig Loaf to Little Beef Cakes. Not only does it contain recipes it has useful information for Baking-Day, Use of a Fireless Cooker, Using Cheaper Cuts of Meat, tips on House Plants and Laundry Helps. It was truly a practical guide for every kitchen!

3 comments:

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

It is wonderful when people really try to get something that is so special and just for you! What a great gift!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love old books! Enjoy it.
Sad about your favorite stamping store closing...
I have the shoe you made for the swap last year on my mantle:)
Warmly,
deb :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift!!