Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Swap for All Seasons: My First Attempt at a Fabric Collage for the Winter Swap




I made this for A Swap for All Seasons... it is my first attempt at a fabric collage. I used a photo postcard from the 1900's, on the back is written Mrs A.Wyse . I scanned it on to transfer paper and ironed it onto white muslin that I had aged in a tea bath. Then I added fabric, lace, ribbon, trims, flowers, buttons, pearls and more. I was reluctant to put it in the mail today!
To see more amazing art
go HERE at A Swap for All Seasons.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Truly beautiful Lyneen!

Dani said...

this is very beautiful.

Sherry Edwards said...

Hi Lyneen, I think your collage looks wonderful, love all the detail and layers it has.

(Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a lovely comment too)

Denise said...

Beautiful.I had so much fun doing mine.I like the colors and layers in yours.

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Sounds like you really enjoyed working on the piece, so I;ll bet it won't be your last fabric collage. Nice change from paper. Sharla

mary k said...

Oh so pretty! I, too, enjoyed making a fabric collage and hope to make more soon.

Robin said...

This is gorgeous for your first attempt at fabric collage. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Robin