Friday, April 15, 2011

ANOTHER PROJECT I CREATED AT THE ART RETREAT!

Here is another of my altered boxes... this time I used an old wooden  doll steamer trunk.  I just loved the depth of the box.  Going with a bird theme this time I adhered 7 Gypsies paper to the back of the box with a bit of old sheet music.  The yellow pattern paper is the original paper in the steamer trunk.  My Minds Eye pattern  papers on the the bird houses and the paper banner. 


Tim Holtz products - clock face and the number 14.  Melissa Frances - Keyhole.  

There are a lot of bits and pieces I picked up here and there.  The grandfather clock is a pencil sharpener. Other treasures: birdhouses, blocks wrapped in paper for birdhouse stands,  empty spools wrapped in paper, dresden foil, sticks with dried moss from my walks, an old fork and spoon, vintage key, poker chip, tiles from the game "Banana Grams",   birds, eggs, vintage jewelry piece, brass crown, brass birds on the spoon, and little bucket with a nest. 


I had a lot of fun putting all the things I had gathered together.  

A lot of detail in the box. 

 The original yellow paper is a perfect finish peaking out behind the papers.  

2 comments:

ScrappyPam said...

Another lovely box! Looks like you had a great time!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You sure put lots of work and effort into these amazing boxes. They are wonderful.