Friday, May 20, 2011

Armed Forces Day Parade - Bremerton

63rd Annual Kitsap Sun Armed Forces Day Parade

10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Downtown Bremerton 
More information HERE


Update 5/21/2011 Kitsap Sun Story on the Parade HERE

Bremerton has long had the distinction of coordinating the nation's largest and longest-running Armed Forces Day Parade. The parade began in 1948 - two years before Armed Forces Day became a federally recognized holiday. 


 May 1908 - postcard of our beautiful flag!
Sent from Matawan
 to Brooklyn NY

 Vintage photo of a patriotic Parade!

August 1908 - Postcard of  Soldiers Monument in Michigan
Sent from Colorado to 
Mr. Mickel Oppre
Chehalis 
Washington State
Lewis County




For those of you interested in Postcards visit Postcard Friendship Friday

4 comments:

MrCachet said...

I visited the skeleton fleet at Bremerton in the late '50s - I don't know if there are any still left or if they've all been turned to scrap. It was an amazing sight to a young kid I can tell you that. Great cards!

Hazelicious929 said...

Beautiful postcard. Mine is up - My PFF Entry.

Aimee Dars said...

These are all wonderful postcards! I'm jealous! ; )

Heather said...

I am surprised at how much I am learning by visiting on PFF. Such knowledgeable participants and wonderful postcards to view. Thanks for visiting and entering my sister's contest.