Saturday, June 25, 2011

Composition for Collage: Week Four Homework

This is my final collage assignment for the class at Big Picture Classes... GRIDS.  

Click on the image to enlarge.

All images from Claudine Hellmuth's handouts. I digitally played with the photos of men. Working with the grid... hope I didn't create a tangency or two!!!  This was my first attempt at digital art.  I have worked with individual photos before.  It was fun, but I still love cutting, pasting and painting.


You ask what is a "tangency" a tangency is when images just barely touch.



Bad tangencies are well, bad, because they draw the viewer’s eye to the area where the objects meet and touch, they create an unwanted tension. No matter how good the rest of the composition is, the viewer’s eye will always be drawn back to the bad tangency and it will distract from the rest of the artwork.”
- Claudine Hellmuth 

Claudine Hellmuth's comment:  "this grid came out super!! I love how the numbers in the background peek through! repeating all the different photos with the browns and black and white color scheme holding it all together!"

I may have to do one or two more of these this week!

2 comments:

Riki Schumacher said...

Great to know about "bad tangency"! Thanks for sharing. Love your collage! Riki

Sherrie said...

What a unique and eye catching collage! Love it!