Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finished 1st Week Project for Claudine Helmuth's Online class!

My finished Asymmetrical Collage for my online class with Claudine Hellmuth at Big Picture Class

In my post earlier I went through the steps I was taking to complete my project (HERE).  I wasn't sure if I was going to give this a Title or a verse.  I tend to gravitate towards Jane Austen as my partner in the studio room.  If I am in there Pride & Prejudice is most likely on the screen, I know almost every word.  I got to thinking about all the letters Elizabeth received and a light bulb went off.... there must be something that will be perfect for my collage in P&J.  

Click on the image to enlarge and see details.


Text:  “The contents of this letter threw Elizabeth into a fluter of spirits, in which it was difficult to determine whether pleasure or pain bore the greatest share.” Jane Austen - Pride & Prejudice 


I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed creating my first project in class. 

Images: Birds and Woman from Graphics Fairy
Back ground paper- Basic Grey Porcelain Collection
Base paper - IOD Rue 88 Collection 
Claudine Hellmuth - Studio Gesso
Ranger - Glue n'seal
Ink- Versa Magic Sahara Sand (around the edge)
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa (image of house)
Misc: Old Sheet music and sewing tissue

PS... there is still time to register if you think you may want to take the class... registration closes on June 8th.

Comment from Claudine Hellmuth: this piece has really wonderful flow and eye movement! love the repeat of the pinks too! super asymmetrical !

3 comments:

Rikki said...

That turned out so beautifully! I love how the one bird leaves the others to bring the letter! And what's not to like about Jane Austen? I love this.

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Lovely! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

This is wonderful!!! I love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. I think Jane would be truly charmed by this piece... I know I am!!