Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Nails with a Vintage Look

Last week I picked up a box of nails at the hardware store!
I want to use them in a vintage 3D collage.
THEY ARE TOO NEW!!!!

I heard about giving metals a patina using bleach 
so I experimented with 1 part bleach to parts water.  
It was doing something in the jar.
 

I also hear Coke can do the job 
so I put a few in a jar with Coke 

Here are my results: 
Overnight in bleach

 Overnight in Coke
 I am really liking the ones that were in the Coke...
let me know what you think!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Robin said...

The coke ones look "older". My personal favorite for aging metal is oven cleaner. Just the el cheapo, spray-on stuff. Works like a charm!

~Cheryl said...

I'm thinking about what Coke might do to your innards when you are enjoying a can of it. Eeeek

POSH said...

My vote is for the Coke treatment...altho I'm a Diet Pepsi kinda girl...LOL
Thanks for the tip...

Rikki said...

I actually like the bleach ones better. They didn't turn so "golden". I love Coke, now I'm a bit worried, :).