Monday, July 25, 2011

Artists Gather to Create Gift for Friend!

Two weeks ago we heard our friend had to have surgery.  I was leaving on vacation shortly after I got the news.  I emailed our small group of artists and asked each one if they would like to participate in creating a fat book for her.  The response was was awesome.  Everyone wanted to create a page, they would either mail or deliver them when I returned from vacation.  Then I could get them bound and on her doorstep as quickly as possible.   Here is the book I delivered today. 

Cover practically covered with ribbon!
Cover with the ribbon pulled back.
Inside cover and tags. 

Tag  in side the cover...




Kris's page!
Back of Kris's and front of Miki's
Back of Miki's and front of Grace's

Back of Grace's and front of mine
 Back of mine and front of Linda's.
Stamps VLVS = Hot Air Balloon, EIffel Tower and Ferris Wheel 
 Back of Linda's and front of Carralee's

Back of Carralee's and inside back covers.


Outside Back cover. 

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I wish everyone could see this lovely book in person. It has deeply touched my heart and lifted my spirits - and is the best "medicine" for my recovery that I can imagine! Thank you, Lyneen, for putting it together so beautifully, and thanks to everyone for this most treasured gift!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh my goodness, what a treasure. She must have been thrilled with it and so touched. I'm sure it will help her through her days of recovery. It is beautiful!

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

What a treasure of a beautiful book.

Stampin D Amour said...

Lyneen - these are fantastic! You can't even tell that they were made by different people - very creative & thoughtful! :)

-pamela
mybooth96.blogspot.com