Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hunting for Treasures!

If you know me at all you would know I have a love for all things old, things that I can alter or use in my art.  I tend to shop mostly at thrift stores, yard sales, rummage sales, flea markets antique stores and auctions. I have been busy this week.

Last night I was at Westsound Auctions in Belfair and found a few great treasures that I could afford.  If my pockets were deeper there was much more I would have loved to take home. I try my best to be a responsible bidder and stay within my alloted budget for the night!


Porcelain doll heads stamped Germany!


 Tin Types

Cabinet Cards 


Love the 3 sisters(?)
The tin types, cabinet cards and 2 pictures were one box lot.


There was a HUGE RUMMAGE SALE TODAY in Poulsbo. Here are a few treasures I picked up there... 
Stack of Postcards and Greeting Cards

Collection of Shakespeare 
printed in abt. 1910 


By Knickerbocker Leather and Novelty Company, New York, 3 1/4" x 2 1/4", soft leather covers with gilt titling
I have small fingers... 
this give you an idea of the size of the books!

Finally, some ephemera I picked up
at Simply Renewed
in Bremerton,WA

The dolls open to a garland of six sets, the there is a post card of a Matson Luxury Liner that would have sailed from Los Angeles to Honolulu.  The last piece is a  vintage ephemera coin purse most likely from an early 1900's scrapbook.

2 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Love old books and papers. Pretty dolls too.
Your count down to Christmas is making me realize I better get going!
Warmly,
deb

Jean Elizabeth said...

Ooooo! I would love to go shopping with you Lyleen. I will have to take some pics of what I got at my last antique shopping spree.

Come join me for some cool challenges http://artandimagesbykim.ning.com/