Monday, November 14, 2011

Up-Cycling

I just don't like throwing things away... we have a BIG recycling bin that we fill every two weeks for curb side pick up.  I take things to Goodwill.  Donate to lending libraries and what ever else before something goes in the "trash." Our household fills one can of "garbage" every two weeks.  I think that is pretty impressive.  




I came across this one time beautiful poinsettia, the pine cone in the center is mashed and the petals crumpled.



Today I removed the petals from the base flower and put them in a plastic bag to store in the bin I keep flowers for future projects. I think the gold petals will be a great addition to a future project.

What do you do to recycle or up-cycle?

1 comment:

Jean Elizabeth said...

I upcycle cans and boxes. I have too many stored now don't know where else to put them...lol. One of my most favorite things to upcycle is postage envelopes and empty ribbon spools. Check out this group I am in over at PDA http://artandimagesbykim.ning.com/group/tr2tr-trash-to-treasure