Thursday, September 27, 2012

VLVS! All Hallows Eve Blog Hop - Creepy Candles

DAY 6 and still more party ideas for my VLVS! Hallow's Eve Blog Hop posts!  Yes, I have another  party idea.  Have you gotten any inspiration from our hop?  I would love to know.... Please leave a comment and let me me know if you have.  

My next idea is candles, not just any ordinary candles, recycled jars Viva Las Vegastamps! Style!


Supplies:
Vellum
Heat Gun
Jars
Twine
Battery Operated Tea Lights
Recycled Jars
Collect a few small - medium size jars.  Cut Vellum in 2 x 11 inch stripes to use as wraps around your jars.  Stamp images and heat emboss with VLVS! Ultra High Gloss embossing Powder if you like you may color images.  I add a bit of color to the Full Moon with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  Using VLVS! Miracle Tape adhere the vellum to the jar.  Wrap twine around the top of the jars.  Now you have VLVS! Creepy Candles.


If you missed my first 4 days of hop party ideas here are links:


If you started on the VLVS! Blog today you know you to win a prize you have to collect all the letters from all the blogs in the hop for "SECRET WORD" I have an "O" for you.... when you get all the letters and know the word email it to DeeDee... more info on the blog HERE!

You will want to visit all the sites listed on the top of my sidebar. Please leave comments as you visit each one. We all appreciate hearing from you... PLUS for every comment you leave on each blog post you will be entered in a drawing! There are lots of Halloween games and fun to be had during this week!!!!


A good number of the stamps I have used these past few days come from two plates.  I have to admit I buy most of my stamps by the plate and unmounted.  Why unmounted when you have as many stamps as I do space becomes and issue!  PLUS you get more value for your dollar!!!



12 comments:

Carly said...

wow! these are awesome!

xoxox Carly

VicR said...

Oooh, Lyneen, I LOVE your candles!!
Perfect stamp images you used for them, and what a gr8 recycling idea.
I'm inspired :)

by belle said...

I LOVE these candle containers!! One of my favorites of the hop!! Great job!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

How CLEVER...great idea...TFS

Lea Cioci said...

Everyone has to see this! Great way to decorate the home. I like how you did this. Do you remember (or were you too young?) stamping right onto the candle? Cool!

Chris said...

Love this idea!

Tarnished Rose said...

Why oh why can't I remember the wonderful versitility of vellum? Your candles are fantastic!

Smiles~
Marilyn

renee devine said...

My friend Besty will love a set of these as a gift...thanks for the inspiration! A truly great idea!!

Judy Cantrell said...

Oh, what a fun idea! I love this project!!!

Sandra Strait said...

Oh these are wonderful!

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Oooh..these are so creepysweetalicous..love them

Frances said...

Dressing up in All Hallows Eve Costumes is an activity which is enjoyed by both kids and adults alike so be sure not to miss out the fun during one of the most enjoyable occasions of the year.