Tuesday, September 25, 2012

VLVS! All Hallow's Eve Party Blog Hop~CUPCAKE Toppers

Welcome to DAY 4 of the Viva Las Vegastamps! All Hallow's Eve Blog Hop!  Hope you are enjoying the fun as much as I am. 

This week I am sharing projects made with paper and VLVS! stamps that you could make for your own Halloween Party.  Be sure to check the prior days (listed at the bottom of this post) if you missed them.
Now for our next Halloween Party idea!!!  
CUP CAKE TOPPERS!!!!

These days cupcakes are all the rage.  Even wedding parties are opting for cupcakes instead of the traditional wedding cake.  So for our party I thought we should have cupcakes instead of cake! All you have to do is stop by your local bakery, pick up a few cupcakes and decorate!
I used one 12x12 sheet of paper to make the 5 rosettes for the toppers. I scored the sheet every 1/2 inch.  Folding, creasing and inking... the secret is out... I used my trusty glue gun to make the rosettes.  I am not going to go into details, as there are thousands of tutorials out there on how to make a rosette.  For the stake I cut bamboo skewers to the desired length and glued them to the rosettes. 

Once I had the rosettes made I stamped my Viva Las Vegastamps! images and heat embossed them with Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder.
The Ghost and Skull and Cross Bones were stamped on Kromekote Cardstock. The Faded Raven or CrowWitch Costume and R.I.P. and Jack o'Lantern were stamped on plain bright green cardstock. All were fussy cut and adhered to the rosettes with VLVS! Miracle Tape.






I was just thinking how a display of 1,000 of these would look on "CUP CAKE WARS!" Hope you enjoyed todays project!

If you missed the first 3 days of the hop here are links:

The challenge today is to share a picture of your Viva Las Vegastamps! stash on the VLVS! Facebook Wall... HERE!

I didn't have time to go pull out all of my Viva Las Vegastamps!   Here are just a few of my Halloween stamps I have been using this week!

 

10 comments:

Judy Cantrell said...

What a cute and inspiring idea! I love your cupcake toppers! TFS!

by belle said...

Great idea to spruce up cupcakes!!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

What a Great idea....I love them....TSF!

Lea Cioci said...

Fun fun fun idea! Great use of stamps!!!

Sandra Strait said...

Awesome idea! Awesome looking cupcakes!

Tarnished Rose said...

I love your cupcake toppers. They are fantastic!

Smiles~
Marilyn

PJ Waldrop said...

Thanks for making the hop so fun. Cupcakes Yummm!

Carly said...

wow what a fabulous idea! I would enjoy the topper even more than the cake ... and I never thought that could be possible LOL

xoxo Carly

Chris said...

Great job,those look yummy!

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

those are the cutest halloween cupcake toppers