Saturday, November 10, 2012

THANK YOU VETS!

I cannot begin to express in words how thankful I am for those that have or are serving in the armed forces of this great country of ours! So many have served. Every one is a HERO in my eyes.     
In Remembrance on VETERANS DAY!

My card today is of the Iwo Jima Memorial, also known as the U. S. Marine Corps War Memorial, it honors the Marines who have died defending the United States since 1775. This image of the Iwo Jima Memorial is a rubber stamp from Viva Las Vegastamps!

One of my hobbies is collecting vintage photos and photo albums.  I found a few pictures in my collection I would like to share:  
1943 Kenneth visiting home Tulsa, Oklahoma

Bobby USS New Mexico 1922

USS Etlah AN79 Mine Sweeper 1945

Navy air transport (no info on the back)

THANK YOU all who have served and continue to serve in Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines. Take care to those serving today.  You are in my thoughts and prayers each day!  






2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

My father was at Iwo Jima. He would have loved to see your pictures.

Barbara Rankin said...

Love this card to commemorate our vets. We shall never forget them.