Monday, March 11, 2013

Altered Pages Lavender Egg!

Easter and coloring eggs is such fun... the only thing is the eggs only last a day or two!  I picked up four eggs from Claywerks, 408 Pacific, downtown Bremerton!  Instead of painting them with glaze and firing them in the a kiln like they are intended...  I painted them with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Spourl Mixers!!!  LOVE the vibrant colors! 

The image of the rabbit is from one of the beautiful Easter Collage Sheets at Altered Pages. Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest and German Scrap (dresden foil) adhered with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer were used to make the beautiful embellishment around the egg. 





I will be entering my egg in 


2 comments:

Daniella said...

Now I see what you did! You got them BEFORE they were glazed and fired! I thought you meant you glazed them and fired them THEN used the Sakura Crystal Lacquer!! Great idea!! Now you can have dozens of eggs that last forever! They really are beautiful, very well done!
xxDaniella

Heather Alger said...

The colours are amazing - Love your Design :)