Monday, August 5, 2013

Altered Pages Monday ~ Circus Tags!

This past Friday at the Bremerton ArtWalk in Claywerks I shared a Make'n Take using the Altered Pages Circus images. The crowds were smaller since it is the middle of summer, but everyone that joined in had FUN making their tag!

Our base was plain a Manilla Tag.  The text background is from an old copy of a "Toby Tyler" book, titled "Ten weeks in a Circus".  Monopoly money was also used on a couple of the tags as part of the background. Add strip of green or black tape. 


THen we randomly stamped the tag with and old office "received" stamp and distressed the edges with. Added the Altered Pages Circus images enhanced with Sakura Crystal Lacquer. Cut a sheet of Graphic 45 circus postage stamps and popped up with foam tape.  Finally the embellished with sequins, buttons and a bit of glitter. 



Supplies:
Altered Pages Collage Sheets
Text
Graphic 45 Circus Postage 
Monopoly Money
Office stamp
Green or Black tape
Buttons
Sequins
Glitter
Ink
Foam tape
Tacky Glue

6 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

omg omg omg
I LOVE these ... circus is my favorite theme! love your compositions!

I also had a dog once named Toby after "Ten Weeks in a Circus!"

You make me want to find my images and transparencies even more now!

Becky Voth said...

These are awesome! I have that paper & haven't used it yet...maybe soon, really soon! LOL!

Jean M said...

Such fun to see these all using cute and funky ephemera!

Danie May said...

Lyneen I can totally see why everyone enjoyed making these fabulously fun tags. They are gorgeous. I may just have to go and dig out our old Monopoly Game Set.

Jackie said...

It looks like you had fun!! I like circus themes! I always said I was going to run away and join one when my children got older! Never did but I got the chance to be a clown!!

Gia Lau said...

I wish I could have been there to make one! Awesome use of images, ephemera, and more! Love all of the tags