Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Very Merry STEAMPUNK Holiday Blog Hop!

Leslierahye is hosting A Very Merry Holiday Steampunk Blog Hop today!  I have been busy with the holidays as many of you may be, getting last minute things bought, wrapped, mailed and cooked! I took out a little time to share one of my tricks in altering ready made ornaments!
Go to your local craft store, thrift store or anyplace that has ornaments for sale.  I usually wait till the end of the season and get them at a discount to use next year.
Supplies: 
Ornament for the base
Gears
Locking washers 
Glue

 Just add gears!
I think it sort of looks like a propeller!

What do you think?
The medium size gear I layered on a locking washer (from the hardware store) to give it dimension! 

 A tree full of these would be beautiful!

The trick is to find something you can alter... 
makes the project so much easier!

A card from a post a few days ago!

HAPPY STEAMPUNK 
and
 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Below are the links to all the participants.  Please visit each one and let them know you were by!!!

12 comments:

WhoMom said...

I never thought about steampunk ornaments and I love the idea! Now I have something new to do with some of those extra ornaments!
Thanks for sharing the ideas.

Regena said...

I would so hang that on my tree! gorgeous

WhoMom said...

Hi Lyneen,
Hopped on all and love the ideas. Can't get Jess B. to come up with Christmas, still Halloween.
Thanks for the morning fun.
Lyn

Fabrizio Martellucci said...

Amazeball creation Lyneen ! Love it ! Merry Christmas ! xoxo

Morninglass said...

What a great idea, spice up plain ornaments with real hardware. I will stock up on half price ornaments after Christmas.

Peggy Oliver said...

Turned out FABulous! Great Idea. Merry Christmas to you!

Christi Conley said...

Love love LOVE this idea - can't wait for the 1/2 price sales to start :) Happy Holidays :)

Nan G said...

Cool! Now I need to stock up. Happy Holidays!

Barbara Rankin said...

Fabulous steampunk'd ornament. I like to buy those sale ornaments after the season, too. Makes great projects, and yours is fab!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Wow! Steampunk, bling, Christmas, charm - this ornament has it all. So, so pretty! - I'm glad you shared it!

Happy Holidays!

Jess B. said...

Great excuse to get another tree. These ornaments are gorgeous! Happy Holiday. TFS

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

loving your blinged out ornaments!