Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A gift from Catherine!

Not long ago I gave my good friend Catherine a beautiful piece of paper with a bird on it. A week later she calls and says I have something for you, can you come by. 


I was presented with this, the same piece of paper on canvas and altered.  As you can see it is BEAUTIFUL!  Thank you Catherine for a most wonderful gift! I will always cherish it! 

The “Castles, Ballerina Cupcakes and Paris” collage was made on a background of decorative scrapbooking paper that was adhered with gel medium to a framed canvas.  Painted accents and collage elements were added.  As in the photo collages, lightweight spackle medium was used to cover the edge-join of the paper to canvas, the spackle was carried over the edges of the canvas, and then the spackle was given a coat of gel medium and then painted. ~ Catherine

5 comments:

Francine Perri said...

This is beautiful I love it and my favorite place!!! PARIS!

Catherine said...

I'm honored that you've posted this on your blog, Lyneen. It was such a joy to make!

Robin Horasanian said...

Very sweet. It's a lovely gift from your friend.

Ink Stained Roni said...

Simply Lovely!! You're one lucky lady :)

Ink Stained Roni said...

Simply Lovely!! You're one lucky lady :)