Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Punk-olator is off to the CRAFTYS!

I wanted to give my PUNK-OLATOR
 one more curtain call...  
Today I am entering it in to THE CRAFTYS!

To vote for my project or any of the other wonderful projects go HERE!

 The base is an old party size percolator that was destined for the garbage dump!!!
It took hours to layer all the gears, locking washers, charms, Dew Drops,  keys, pen nibs, horse nails and found items. Everything was attached with E6000.



The bird was very blue before I painted him copper. He has been altered with paint, a few gears, watch parts and Robin's Nest Dew Drops add a touch of color.
The nails around the top were trimmed (ends polished) about an inch to fit the outer rim. 




Supplies:
Old Percolator - Electrical element removed
Horse Shoe Nails
Locking Washers from hardware store
Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Brass Face, wings
Milogros Arms 
Watch Parts
Gears: Tim Holtz, Beads Landing
Pen Nibs
Keys 
Keyhole
Charms: Crowns, hands, butterflies,  
E6000
Copper Paint

Currently the Punk-olator is on display 

The function of the Punk-olator's is an oversized  container!  It was published in Just Steampunk Vol 3! 2013

3 comments:

Nan G said...

Wow! That is so cool!!! I love it!

Beth Niquette said...

How incredibly fun! lol I would buy something like this, Lyneen. How clever and talented you are. I would never have thought of this! It is exquisite.

Robin Horasanian said...

This is an amazing upcycling project! All of your time and attention to detail shines through.