Monday, August 18, 2014

Altered Pages & Craft Hoarders Button Blog Hop

has joined the
Design Team for Challenge #14 
Button It in a UP Blog Hop!




Crafters of every stripe are button hoarders! Buttons are pretty, inexpensive, and extremely versatile. If you are a card maker, quilter, layout artist, or anything in between, you probably have a button hoard! Buttons come in many sizes, styles, shapes, and colors, plus they are easy to store...usually in cute containers! Pull out those bins of buttons and use some of them for your challenge project!  You can participate in the Craft Hoarders Challenge and win a prize from the sponsor Altered Pages!

Prize Package for Hoppers!
Leaving comments during the AlteredPages and Craft Hoarders blog hop allows you to be entered into a random drawing for an AlteredPages Blog Gift - a Set of Japanese Oil Pastels and a huge Ephemera package.



This is just a small sampling of my button hoard.  The tin above I inherited from my mother when she passed away... this is one thing I wanted, her buttons!!!!  This tin of buttons has many memories.  When my sisters, bother and I were younger we used to make button trails through the house.  Some of the trails went someplace others were a dead end.  I am sure my mother would find stray buttons all over the house when she was cleaning!


Sad to say I did not go to the store to buy any on the items in my shadow box!  I must confess I have another hoard of vintage wooden spools.  I had my husband cut a dozen of them in half so I could use them in small shadow boxes.

In the boxes you will find bits of lace (another hoard), buttons, wooden spools wrapped with embroidery floss, a sewing machine bobbin, a thimble, snaps and a tiny Singer sewing machine.

The shadow box was painted with craft paint.  All the images are from Altered Pages Collage Sheets Antique Sewing and Vintage Sewing.

Snaps made perfect embellishments!


What vintage sewing project isn't complete without a Singer Sewing Machine!


Please let everyone know you were by!

Hope you have had a chance to visit all on the Altered Pages Design Team members

Robin Horasanian
Lyneen Jesse (you are here)
We have joined the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Design Team to find the links to their posts visit Craft Hoarders blog http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/
Be sure to leave comments as you hop!!!!




34 comments:

Danie May said...

What a wonderful theme for your shadow box Lyneen and the perfect way to showcase your buttons. xx

Robin Horasanian said...

Such a sweet shadow box! The sew-ers in my family would love this. Great project!

Consuela Gomez said...

I am in awe of your box. I have one and I love buttons, thimbles, all things sewing and couldn't find any miniatures for my box. You created a fabulous piece of art and I love every piece of it. Thanks for your inspiration and TFS!

JackieP Neal said...

Thanks for sharing, a wee bit of your button collection with us in those wee vignettes !

stamping sue said...

perfect theme....sewing .... for your shadow box.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

trisha too said...

Absolutely charming, Lyneen!

:)

Tonya said...

What a fun shadow box. I love all the tiny little details in each little cubby hole! Simply gorgeous!!! <3

Noreen said...

What a delightful sewing shadow box - made even more special by all the vintage ephemera with wonderful memories!

Christy Butters said...

Love all the vintage sewing bits and bobs you placed in your shadow box. What a perfect sewing themed project. Thanks for hopping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jean Moore said...

Bobbins, buttons and thread OH MY!
Fabulous project!

Barbara Rankin said...

I love all things sewing, and your shadow box is just awesome. Love your mother's tin of buttons, such a treasure and I am sure full of wonderful memories of her. TFS

leslierahye strickland said...

Lyneen this is fabulous! I love the little bits you've added to each box and your itty bitty singer is AWESOME! This is a project after my heart! :) <3

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a lovely shadow box and display you've created! and that tiny sewing machine is the proverbial cat's meow!

very very nice - I didn't know this hop was happening, so I'm glad I stopped by your blog - I'm off to check out some others now!

Hoard on!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so awesome, I got chills! I really love everything about this. I love a shadow box/tray and this is an example of a wonderful one! Thanks so much for pairing up with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous team this week! What a great hop!

Diana said...

Great box. I think I will have to make my sister 1 for here sewing house. Yes she bought a house just for all her fun.

lost coast scrapper said...

Beautiful work with the shadow box! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for this hop!!

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

A beautiful shadowbox! Thanks for hopping with the design team from Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Ink Stained Roni said...

What a lovely shadow box! I love all the bits and pieces that you pulled together to assemble such a fun project.

TFS!

Ina Good said...

very vintage special shadowbox creation! Love it!

Pammejo said...

fabulous tray, love all the vintage sewing finds

Michele said...

I adore this and you are definitely encouraging me to make a shadow box or to use a lot of buttons for the very next thing I make or BOTH!!!! I love your gorgeous art! xo

Christi Stapay said...

Thanks for sharing about your mom. Most of my sewing stuff (to include my machine & table) are from my mom. Although I have to disagree with you on one thing, Brother is the way to go, lol. Just kidding, my serger is a Singer. Gorgeous shadow box!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your shadow box is OVER THE TOP. I love it. I also love the idea that you were able to use some of your stash and not buy anything for this project. That's a win-win in my book.

TangledBlueRose said...

Wonderful shadowbox! Super clever use of your buttons. Thanks for sharing!~kim

Tamizhmuhil Prakasam said...

Lovely shadow box. Thanks for sharing.

Jackie said...

Amazing shadow box! I like the collage Altered Pages you used♥

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This shadow box is gorgeous! I love all the wonderful treasures you tucked alongside the beautiful sewing images. What a great keepsake this will make. Thanks for hopping with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Sara Barker said...

Oh, this is going to be a LONG comment! First, I want to say the game you and your brother is so sweet, and sounds like it would be a lot of fun for some kids. Next, I want to let you know I am a fellow vintage spool hoarder. Now if I can get my husband to cut them in half. I am actually a collector or anything vintage and sewing related. Last, but certainly most importantly, I am in love with the shadow box you have created. I adore all the little vignettes. I must get some of these Altered Pages, so I can make a little shadow box of my own. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Donna Idlet said...

Love your shadow box, love every detail. Thanks so much for joining Craft Hoarders Anonymous on this blog hop.

sue k said...

WOW!!! Totally fantastic, LOVE this and all of your little do-dads especially the tiny Singer machine, I could use one of those in one of my dollhouses.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

EarthMagick said...

Very cute... each cubbie is it's own little story :)

Cristina Criscolores said...

Never do a shadow box, but this is an inspiration for my first, thanks for share!

Jan Marie said...

Wow! This such a clever and beautiful use of the sewing notions and the Altered Pages artwork! Love it. . .it was nice hopping with you (I'm just a little behind on the hop) Jan Marie, CHACB DT

Anonymous said...

Great looking shadow box. There is a lot to see in it.