Monday, September 22, 2014

Playing Card Challenge - Week 3 of 26

PLAYING CARD CHALLENGE
Backgrounds Two Different Backgrounds

I am participating in this challenge with Claudine of Claudine's Art Corner.  Every Monday she posts the next weeks inspirations.  I post what I did for the prior week the same day! I try to follow the inspiration piece, if you know me I am not a good follower.  I may start out on the same path, but somehow I veer to the right or left!  This has been fun so far! Hope you enjoy!


CARD # 3



Inspiration - Third Card
For the card background used alcohol inks: ginger, caramel, latte and stream
Use a distress tool, dab background to add the color.
Ink partial stencil on the card
Die cut gears
Rub-on the word "Time"
Stamp Phrase
Edge with copper pen

WHAT I USED:
Card background alcohol inks
Whitewash with gesso
Stencil Dylusions
Leaky Shed Chipboard Stars
Gold Ink heat embossed with clear embossing powder
Steampunk Washi Tape
Sentiment - Wordsworth

CARD # 4




Inspiration - Fourth Card
Use card with a little texture in the gesso
Do something "fall-ish"  use distress inks to color background
Start in the center and using a distress tool, apply Mustard Seed ink first.
Then  use Spiced Marmalade ink for the outer portion
Finally,  Vintage Photo ink to go around my outer edge
Die cut fall foliage, the word "FALL" and Black Bird
Adhere to card, outline bird with white pen

WHAT I USED:
Distoreted Hive Stencil 
Fall-ish ink colors for background
Jolee's Leaves
Little B Crow
Cardboard
Brown ink to distress
Fabric Pumpkins
Bras Crown
Vintage looking Trading Stamps
Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Claudine Criner said...

Aww, both cards turned out great. Thanks for sharing them and I'm pinning them to the pinterest board.

ionabunny said...

Hi Lyneen, these are great. I am playing along with this challenge but don't do FB so it's great to see your cards on the blog. I have only posted 1 and 2 so far but working on the others. I love the fabric pumpkins and the crown on your crow. So cool. Off to find your 1 and 2 Hugz

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Hi there! I'm playing along with Claudine's challenge and also do not do FB, so I am glad massofhair posted your link on her page and I could find you!

Both of these cards are great and so creative. I love how everyone has their own take on the themes!
The pumpkins, stamps and cardboard are really fun on the second card!

DogsMom said...

I really love what you've done.