Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12 Days of Christmas - Day 9

 
 


Christmas ornaments with SmoothFoam

I had the privilege to review Lisa Fulmers new book

 

I was so inspired after reviewing the book, I pulled out some SmoothFoam ornaments I had in my stash.  Following Lisa’s suggestions for working with SmoothFoam I found it much easier than my past trial and errors!  If you like to craft with foam I highly recommend adding this book to your library!
 
See the full review on the Altered Pages Blog today!
 

 
Two tips I will share with you that I used making my ornaments...
 
the first, sanding the edges before painting.
 
 
The second, working with the foam on skewers.... there is so much more in the book... worth the read!

 
Supplies used:
Bell - Paint, ribbon, twine and decorative embellishments (pinecones & holly)
Snowman - Gesso - Top Hat, eyes, toothpick nose, beads, buttons and fiber
Tree - Paint, twine and Dew Drops 
WINK of STELLA was paint on each to give them some sparkle! 

4 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

Really cute Lyneen! The book looks like it is tons of fun. Love the smooth texture!~kim

Michele said...

your pieces look beautiful! well done. happy 12 days of christnmas at UPA! xo

2amscrapper said...

I'm unfamiliar with the product but your projects are wonderful! Helene

Danie May said...

These are so cute Lyneen, I am going to have to check out this Smooth foam product, as I love playing with kids Fun Foam! xx