Friday, February 19, 2016

Postcard Post: Greeting from Weeki Wachee

The spring  the mermaids swim in was named "Weeki Wachee" by Seminole Indians, which means "Little Spring".  In 1947 the first mermaid show played to a small audience, soon after a 50 set theater was built.  The mermaids have been entertaining for visitors seven decades. Movies have been filmed, songs recorded, famous people have been guest at Weeki Wachee!!! 
 
THE ONLY CITY WITH LIVE MERMAIDS
has three shows daily, see the schedule HERE!
 
  
 
Check out the mermaid in the center of the photo! 
This is an unused postcard... I am thinking this is in the 60's.
 
Weeki Wachee even has a Facebook page HERE!
 
I learn so much from my postcard collection!

I am sharing this postcard with Postcard Friendship Friday!

Note - all postcards shared on Postcard Friendship Friday are from my private collection!

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful postcard!! :D I love it. It could be in the mid-70's too. Thank you for posting! Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!