This month Altered Pages has challenged the Design Team and followers to create something RED & GOLD! This was a fun challenge! Please take the time to create something and link it to the Challenge HERE!
Box from thrift store
Gold Craft Paint
Terra Cotta Cherub Angel
Krylon Cherry Bomb Glitter Blast Glitter Spray
Altered Pages Collage Sheet - Victorian Valentines
Altered Pages Text Page
3d Mixers Mica Pink
Game Pieces - Scrabble Tiles, Alpha Dice, Dominos
Charms - Heart, Lock & Key, Arrow
Paris Stamped in Clay
Bottle Cap with Image of Eiffel Tower
Red Seed Beads
Salt Shaker(clear glass)- painted with Red Sakura Lacquer
Handmade Red Paper Roses
Large Red Heart
Red Heart Bead
Glitter Glue - Gold & Red
Wooden Fleur-de- Lis painted Gold
First sand, wash off the dust and paint the house shaped box gold. All items are attached using Sakura Crystal Lacquer. Add German Scrap foil to the edges as seen in the pictures. Adhere a page of text to back panel of the box, layering a doily on the text. Add a little bling to the doily with gold glitter glue. Attach strips of sheet music on the sides.
Spray paint the Terra Cotta Cherub with a very light coating of Krylon Cherry Bomb Glitter Blast Glitter Spray. When dry gently wipe gold paint over the cherub being careful not to cover the Krylon glitter. Adhere heart bead and arrow.
Print Altered Pages Victorian Valentine images on matt photo paper. Fussy cut and cover with a light coating of Sakura Lacquer to bring out the colors of the images. To raise the images on the left, paint two dominos gold and wrap with German Scrap. The image on right is on an alpa dice with a hint of gold paint toped with a Scrabble tile painted gold and wrapped with German Scrap.
- To make embellishments:
- Use Scrabble pieces to spell LOVE if you don't have an "O" a heart works in its place. Cover the letters with Sakura Crystal Lacquer mixed with Pink Mixers.
- Bottle cap cut an Eiffel Tower image with a 1" punch. Adhere in the bottle cap with Sakura Lacquer then cover the image with the lacquer. Let it dry for 24 hours. Add lacquer around the outside of the image in the bottle cap, add see beads.
- PARIS - stamp the word Paris in paper clay, let dry. Use red and gold craft paint, coat with lacquer.
- Clear Glass salt shaker painted with red Sakura Crystal Lacquer.
- Hand Made Roses made from red card stock and trimmed with red glitter glue.
Once you have everything made you are ready to assemble. Have fun!
Remember to join the challenge at Altered Pages HERE!! Make a card or tag all, that is required is you use at least one item from Altered Pages!