Friday, September 28, 2012

Harvest Blog Hop ~ Creative Paperclay® and Amazing Mold Putty

Fall is in the air!!!!
It is time for our Harvest Blog Hop!
The Design Teams from 
are joining together to share project using both products!
Come and hop with us you will have a chance to win some blog candy... Creative Paperclay®, Amazing Mold Putty & Amazing Cast Resin! 

Direct links are below to each of the sites! HAVE FUN HOPPING! Oh and be sure to vote for your favorite project at the on the last post!

I had a few plastic leaves and I needed a bunch of leaves for my tree  that I am decorating for my table this year. Instead of trying to find more leaves, spending hours looking for them I decided to make them.(Note: Decorating this tree is an annual thing, it is something I keep in the holiday decorations.) 

In the middle of the picture you see a white & yellow ball of the two parts of Amazing Mold Putty (AMP), there is a leaf on top... I do this so I can estimate I have enough to make my mold.  Mix the two parts well, then press the object , today I am using leaves into it and let it set a few minutes.  You feel to test that it has hardened by touch, but flexible to use and release your Creative Paperclay®.  Then you are ready to start molding! 

I molded over 25 leaves and set them aside to dry. Once dry I cleaned up the edges with an emery-board. Now they are ready for paint.  
My favorite product I love to use to paint Creative Paperclay® is Sakura Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers. The reason is when I am painting I am also sealing. The Sakura Crystal Lacquer is a sealer and is a one step painting job. For my leaves I used Citrine Pearl, Rose Pearl and Shimmer Garnet.  I love how the colors mixed when I painted the leaves.  Let the leaves dry.

Adhere the leaves with a dab of Sakura Crystal Lacquer... and spread the leaves around the base of the tree.

Thanks for stopping by... Please visit all the posts in the hop! Remember to vote at the end!


Terri Sproul  
Lee Brehon  
Rachel Whetzel 
Angie Westerman 



21 comments:

rachel whetzel said...

I need one of those trees!! :) Love your leaves.

Rhonda Helm said...

loving your tree and the fun leaves,

Brenda Burfeind said...

Great job. The colors are wonderful

Leah Crowe said...

That tree is fabulous, and I am loving the whole scene. Great work!!

Lee said...

the colors are fantastic and yes I need one of these trees 2, thanks for the inspiration

Jewels said...

Real nice idea and colorful, too! Thanks for sharing!

Terri Sproul said...

your trees is so much better then mine, great job..

Corner of the Bedroom Studios said...

Your leaves are so pretty.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Love what the mixers and lacquer do to the leaves - they become magical and enchanted - perfect for Hallowe'en!

Delightful project!

Tonya said...

Wonderful job and so creative!!! Gets me in the mood for Fall/Halloween :-)

Tonya-Mscraftyt

Kelly Donovan said...

TREE FREAK HERE! This is awesome!

Morninglass said...

I like how your brightly coloured leaves look against the darkness of the tree. very nice.

Boni said...

wow if you use this you can make anything how kewl

Winslowwoman said...

Really nice tree and the leaves are so colorful!!

{raisingAlexis} said...

great tree, love the leaves!

Molly said...

Love your leaves they turned out so nice. Great Job.

Scrappy Rat said...

Love the ideas about sealing!

Amanda Marks said...

Great project thank you for sharing :)

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow! this is amazing..I love it.

Tamara Dozier said...

I really like the tree. What a great idea for a center piece.

Cindy said...

Cute tree. Nice job. Looks like a very versatile tree. Ornaments could be hung on the branches if they are strong enough. Pumpkins at the base would be good too. This is great to inspire lots of ideas.