Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Smeared Ink November Grunge Blog Hop!



SMEARED AND SMUDGED MEMBER BLOG HOP
   
I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make to the hop... I live in the Pacific Northwest and we have had some terrible windstorms.  Many people are still without power.  My internet is on and off, so I am going to get my pictures posted before I am without the internet connection again!!!
 
 
  
WHAT IS GRUNGE?
 
I looked it up and this is what I found...
 
1. grime; dirt.
2. a style of rock music characterized by a raucous guitar sound and lazy vocal delivery.
3. the fashion associated with grunge rock, including loose, layered clothing and ripped jeans.


My interpretation is messy, dirty, smudged..... so that is what I did... hope you like it!


 
Supplies
Smeared Ink digi image from the Specimen Jar collection 
Chameleon Pens
Prima Splatter Stamps
Hampton Art Stamps  - Large Handwriting 
BoBunny Sugar Spray
Ink Dabber
White cardstock
Black Cardstock


 
Start with 12x12 white heavy cardstock.  Spritz with water, add Gelatos, be careful not to muddy colors, set aside to dry.  Stamp with splatter stamps, the spray gently with sugar spray, set aside to dry.
 
 
Randomly stamp with handwriting stamp.
 
 
Color the digi image using Chameleon Pens.  Use ink dabber to smudge VersaFine Black and
Momento Pistachio around the images.  Mat on black card stock with glue stick.  Attach to the background with double sided tape.
  
 
 
Please stop by the other members participating in the blog hop... you will find the blog roll at the top of the page....  let them know you were by!
 
ALSO, this month.....
 
 


5 comments:

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Great choice of image one of my favourites. Fabulous make love it. :) xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Really cool that you were able to make a grungy background with non grungy colors. I too, love the image you used. Fabulous! xxD

Susan Salyer said...

I am glad you did make it! I totally love your choice of images,,this is beautiful my friend and I am glad I got to see it.
Hugs

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

This is such a grungy card ;)
love it !

ike said...

FABulous and I really like the colours in the background. Awesome job :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog