Monday, December 31, 2012

Altered Pages Santas!

This is a project I have been working on since before Christmas and I promised my self I would finish it before the end of the year... I wanted to put on my mantle as a decoration this year, it will be ready for Christmas 2013! Well I got it finished just under my  goal.  I hear the early fireworks from New Year's celebrations going off as I type this!
All Santa images are from Altered Pages HERE and one was a freebie from the site.  I cut a 12 x 12 sheet of pattern paper in half for the background. Scored at 3, 6 and 9 inches on both halves, adhered the two pieces together. Then cut the top of each section in a house shape.  Use a red ink to distress all edges, including the folds.
Along the top and bottom of full piece stamped randomly using VLVS! Swirls and brown ink. Tore sheet music and distressed with brown ink.  Cut/tore houses from pattern paper, distressed edges with brown ink.  Adhere music and houses to background.
Fussy cut some Santas (and holly) other Santas left in the scene. All Santas are from Altered Pages. Enhance the images with Sakura 3D Lacquer, set aside to dry. Add highlights to images with Stickles-Crystal. Once dry adhere to the background. 
Add finishing touches with Gold Stickes, add Martha Stewart felt embellishments and Bo-bunny 3D stickers (Believe, Joy and Merry Christmas to All). 
Happy Hollidays 
and 
Happy New Year!



2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Ooooh, my goodness! You put a LOT of work into this, Lyneen. How beautiful. This just fills my eyes, AND my imagination.

cindy said...

I just saw this today. Wish I'd seen it for Christmas. I love this.