Monday, August 17, 2015

Working Yellowstone 1940

I found this AWESOME scrapbook in a box I bought at auction a few years back. It is a scrapbook of a girl working at Yellowstone for the summer in 1940. Back then they were known as "savages".

The scrapbook belonged to Elaine, she worked as the head waitress for $32.00 a month, with a possible bonus of $8.00 per month! At the end of the season everyone signed her scrapbook, just like a year book from high school. Click on the pictures to enlarge.


In the front of the book was a copy of her employment contract.  It was a bit amusing!

















Tucked in the back of the scrapbook was this magazine article.  I am not sure which magazine.... I wonder if Betty and George are the same as pictured above? 


Hope you enjoyed!



1 comment:

Betsy Skagen said...

Lyneen, This is so fantastic. What a lucky find! My Grandmother worked at Glacier around 1918 and when we visited there this summer I wished so much that I had information about her. My Dad had just passed away and so now all that information is gone...

Thanks for sharing!