Wednesday, October 22, 2014

31 Days of Halloween - Day 22

Welcome 
to Day 22 of the 
Smeared and Smudged 
31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!


Everyday during October you will find a new Halloween project on all of the blogs listed to the right under the 31 Days of Halloween Badge (blog roll). There are prizes to win, be sure to check out all the rules HERE. Information on the daily scavenger hunt is posted there! You must go HERE to find the item/s you are looking for in the scavenger hunt. Have fun and Good Luck!

Today I have a Halloween Candy container for those who don't like spooky things...





Supplies:
Art Anthology Dimensional Paint Kenyan Copper
Dew Drops
Vintage Crochet Lace Tape
Diamond Background Stamp
Clear Embossing Powder
Black ink
Floral Leaves
Flowers made from Vertigo Film
Upcycle a Brie Cheese Container

Making My Flowers:

Handle with care the Vertigo Film gets very hot! 



Now to fill my container with candy!




15 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

Love your candy container! Wow really nice flowers! They look like gems. I did not know you could bend the Vertigo plastic like that, super awesome! Great tip.
~kim

DonnaMundinger said...

What a beautiful container! Love the traditional orange and black and your flowers are lovely! Never heard of vertigo film. xxD

NanB said...

Love how the flowers look and that is a new technique for me!! The black leaves made me hit myself cause all hop long I have been using green leaves...so not dark side!! lol This is just the right project for those not completely over to the dark side.....bawaaaahaaa!!The diamond pattern is awesome!!

DogsMom said...

Spooky is fine but candy is dandy.
You answered before I even had to ask.
I was hoping you would show us how to make those wonderul flowers. Thank you!

Sarah Bales Strom said...

This is a lovely little candy box, and a great idea to upcycle a Brie container! Love those flowers!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Beautifully done container. Love that you hand made the flowers.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Wicked cool candy container! It's not scary but its spooktacular ;0)

Susan Renshaw said...

Gorgeous! Love the flowers and the colour scheme!

craftings said...

Love the red flowers and glitter, lots of work done there!

Julia said...

Lovely container, love the tutorial for the flowers.

Robin Horasanian said...

This is gorgeous, Lyneen!

Rebecca pettit said...

I love the roses thank you for the tutorial

Steph said...

Great container, those flowers are gorgeous!

Sarah Nancarrow said...

I've never heard of vertigo film, but it looks awesome turned into flowers!!

Christine Kiehl said...

You know, this is a great candy box made with some film that I have in my own stash; but have never used and now I know what I will use it for when I finally do! Those turned out amazing! You are so creative!