Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Halloween - Day 1


Welcome 
to Day 1 of the 
Smeared and Smudged 
31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! 

During the month of October I am participating in a month-long blog hop with some amazing artists.  Everyday you will find a new Halloween project on all of the blogs listed to the right under the 31 Days of Halloween Badge. There are prizes to win, be sure to check out all the rules HERE. Information on the daily scavenger hunt is posted there! You must go HERE to find the item/s you are looking for in the scavenger hunt. Have fun and Good Luck!

My project today is an altered card. My good friend and awesome photographer, Catherine McEwen Whalen, is owner of Soulful Nature Photography.  She gave me a set of her Raven Cards on our last visit.  I let her know I just might use them for the Halloween Blog Hop. You will find the Raven and much more of her amazing photography in her shop HERE!

THE RAVEN Nevermore

Supplies:
Raven Card from Soulful Nature Photography
Art Anthology Acrylic (applied with pencil eraser)
Text "The Raven" from a book of Poe
Stamp Nevermore Viva Las VegaStamps
Ephemera - Vintage Poe stamps 
Fleur de lis chipboard
Black & Brown ink

The cards are perfect as note cards, you could make them into spooky invitations for a Halloween Party! 

Close up of the Art Anthology Acrylic that was applied with a pencil eraser!


Happy Haunting!!!!

31 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Fantastic spooky cards... loving Poe - especially the Poe stamps. Great raven.
Sue
The Nanny x

maureenjscott said...

Oh what a great project to start the hop, love the raven and those red circles! Fab! mo x

Sarah Nancarrow said...

What a great photo - I can definitely see the difference between a Raven and our Crow now. Fab way to alter the card too with great effects.

NanB said...

We all were in a kind of Poe state of mind! I love the bird your friend is as talented as you are! So far my first hop and my project are a little "Poey":) not a word I know. I love all the details and the stamps...my fave embellishment! Way to kick it off!

ldfdesign said...

Love your card! That is a wonderful photo of the raven. Wonderful job show casing it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Brilliant alteration! What a cool project, Lyneen. xxD

TangledBlueRose said...

Really awesome card! Love the Raven and red accent! Thanks for sharing!~kim

Steph said...

Very cool, I love how you've altered the cards. I really like the acrylic you've added too.

Sarah Bales Strom said...

What a wonderful job of incorporating all the different elements!

fairyrocks said...

That is one gorgeous Raven. So great to see it in the shades of grey. I always try them in black, but this is stunning. Keep smiling and creating...just creeping through on day one of this hop.

Wendy said...

Love this Lyneen! Especially enjoy the blood stains.

Matney said...

Ack! Love this card! Great rings, stamps (Viva!) and killer layers.

silvia said...

Fabulous raven card!!!

Rebecca pettit said...

So am stealing the pencil eraser idea. I did one for the month but I used the tip of the paint pen. Yours is much easier.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the raven...A great start to 31 Days!

Christine Kiehl said...

Very cool altered cards! I love The Raven also!

DogsMom said...

Wonderful photography and a simple technique makes a huge difference.

Teresa said...

It looks like today is going to be a Poe day!! Great raven image on this card x

Dog-Ma said...

This would be an awesome party invite, thanks for sharing

BurningRubber said...

I love your card. The raven image is perfect.

angiesuez said...

the Poe stamps are great!

steffi said...

Love love love Poe :o) Great photography (will pay your friend's site a visit) and a great card - thanks for sharing

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a fabulous way to showcase your friend's photography! Gorgeous Lyneen! Happy October!

Catherine@SoulfulMatters.com said...

I'm honored that you used my Poe's Raven image in your first Halloween post! LOVE what you did with this - the layers of color and other images are wonderful! The postage stamps AND the word stamps are Awesome!
Very spooky and very "Poe!"

Julia said...

Fab creation, loving how you altered the card.

Jeanette Wilde said...

Love that the real picture of the bird makes it that much more creepy.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Great idea. Love the "blood" spots.

Sissy Willetts said...

Thereof lies my true and only love! Beautiful art! I will continue creeping now...

Robin Horasanian said...

Very cool!

Michele said...

I love your card! xo

Barbara Rankin said...

Fabulous use of that card. Nice added touches.