Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vintage Lucite & Swarovski at Echo Artworks

Today on my way home from work I stopped in Echo Artworks... my local bead store. The highlight of my visit is Pixie she greets me at the door wagging her tail wildly!

These little pumpkins caught my eye!!! Look at the tiny Jack-o-lantern faces on them!!! I am going to use these on some of my Halloween Matchboxes!!
They are about the size of the eraser on the end of a pencil.


I always gravitate to the LUCITE during my visit! Beth has a wonderful display of vintage Lucite. Today I picked up these wonderful leaves. They are about the size of my thumb nail.
So what is LUCITE??? Style On has a great history on Lucite HERE... I had been reading a lot before making this post. i had unanswered questions... How could there be so much vintage Lucite. If Lucite is from the 40’s, 50’s or 60's who had all of this stashed? There was stock in a warehouse of a company named Best Plastics of Providence, Rhode Island who produced Lucite. I think the 80’s is when the Lucite was last manufactured that was when they changed how they produced plastic jewelry.

I buy a little Lucite every time I visit Echo Artworks store.


Please leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! I especially love the leaves. They are so delicately intricate and so tiny.

Catherine said...

Those little pumpkins are so cute! Love the leaves... I have some of those also. Totally agree - Beth has an amazing selection of gorgeous, vintage Lucite!